One of the most common questions we are routinely asked by interior designers who work in high-end, custom home decorating markets is, “Do you still provide xenon cabinet lighting solutions?”
The answer to this question is a resounding, “Yes!”
We are fully aware of the need to provide our commercial design clients with every possible light source to meet the needs of their clients. In spite of the new developments in LED cabinet lighting which have recently the problems of heat, low light output, and color temperature limitations, xenon still has a special ambience that is slightly superior when it comes to pure aesthetic value.
Any designer will readily say as much, and we will readily agree. It is for this reason that ILD still supports the designer with xenon cabinet lighting solutions any time so requested. Antique cabinet lighting can be quite spectacular with concealed xenon lighting strips.
In addition to our willingness to accommodate the demands of impeccable aesthetics, we also offer some unique and very powerful configuration options that will make the designer’s job much easier.
Just a few of our cabinet lighting services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Access to linear strips made specifically for new cabinet build outs. If you are looking for linear lighting fixtures to illuminate a new construction, just call us with the specifications and dimensions of the build out, and we can contact sources that will custom manufacture the linear strips and have them ready at the time the cabinet is built.
- Installation services are also provided with this service at your request.
- Replacement xenon festoons for cabinet lighting strips that have lost lamps due to age, wear, and tear.
- Cabinet lighting fixtures for existing, free-standing cabinets that have previously remained unlit. This includes lighting design assistance for challenging antique reproductions and antique cabinets themselves.
- A veritable “Bible” of creative wiring design configurations that will assist you in concealing the fixtures we supply so that your client will not notice their presence. Only the light within the cabinet will be visible-not its source.
- Vertically mounted strips can be obtained through ILD cabinet lighting channels that will enable you to light cabinets that have glass shelves which defy horizontally mounted installations.
- Innovative assistance in horizontally mounting fixtures on cabinet shelves that lack reveals can also be obtained through ILD sourcing and installation support.
- Removable shelf lighting options can be obtained through us as well. This is ideal for your clients who routinely clean their cabinet interiors and may want to take out the shelves, along with the display contents, to dust the interior.
- Low-voltage transformers that are much smaller than those you buy from other lighting design sources. These transformers are easier to conceal and are therefore better for purely aesthetic applications.
- Dimmer controls that allow your clients to regulate voltage to their xenon lamps. This does not solve all of the problems associated with higher electrical costs and heat output, but it certainly helps.
Multiple trim options and glare shields are available through our linear fixture sources that will allow you to seamlessly combine a concealable fixture, a controllable xenon light source, with any high-end cabinet lighting application lighting at hand.
Illuminations Lighting Design, a Houston Texas based specialty lighting contractor, that specializes in all forms of fine art lighting and custom cabinet lighting installations. Our cabinet lighting consultants understand how to design, fabricate, install and repair all types of cabinet lighting fixtures.
Contact us at 713-863-1133 or toll free at 800-863-1184 to learn more about our products and services. We look forward to you call and the opportunity to serve you!