Don’t Overlook Under Cabinet Lighting in Your Kitchen Remodel
Do you feel as though your kitchen lighting is inadequate or even too bright? You’re not alone. Many Texas homeowners find themselves frustrated to discover that one of the most used rooms in their home doesn’t provide optimal lighting. Maybe it’s time you discovered the brilliance of under cabinet lighting when you remodel your kitchen.
Sometimes the Best Ideas are the Brightest Ideas
Kitchen remodels are popular projects among homeowners. David Ramsey points out that the average cost to do a minor kitchen renovation is $21,000, while a more comprehensive remodeling plan can cost $64,000. And, lighting is often an important component of remodeling but it’s so often overlooked.
With the right amount of budgeting and scrutiny, there’s a good chance that your kitchen remodel doesn’t have to break the bank. It’s also good to know that whatever renovations you make to your kitchen, including lighting projects like under cabinet lighting, it’s an investment in your home that will boost its value.
The value of adequate kitchen lighting can’t be overestimated. The kitchen is probably the most productive and essential area of your home. It’s the center of activity for your family. You prepare meals, wash dishes, eat, and socialize. It’s the area where your family bonds together.
So the last thing you want is poor lighting that negatively impacts your time in the kitchen and hampers productivity. Maximizing the lighting in your kitchen can make for a brighter and more functional kitchen as well as make things more pleasant for everyone.
Under Cabinet Kitchen Lighting Perks
There are three benefits to installing under cabinet lighting in your kitchen.
- Task Lighting: Task lighting illuminates and brightens your kitchen countertops. So, whether you’re cooking or chopping vegetables, task lighting allows there to be a concentrated area of light while you work. While overhead lights serve their own purpose, you really don’t get the same benefits with overhead lighting.
- Ambiance: While under cabinet lighting provides the illumination that’s so important to work in the kitchen, it also adds character and gives that “WOW!” factor to your kitchen. It sets the mood and makes everyone feel at home. Overhead lighting doesn’t offer the same aesthetics as under cabinet lighting. And with under cabinet lighting, you can draw attention where you really want to.
- Safety: It goes without saying that under cabinet lighting provides the safety you need to perform kitchen chores. Illumination is directed where you’re working the most. And, when you or your loved ones decide to tiptoe through the kitchen at night, no lighting offers better safety and visual guidance than undercabinet lighting while you’re on the hunt for a midnight snack or glass of water.
LED Under Cabinet Lighting for Your Kitchen
When you’ve decided that you can no longer live without under cabinet lighting, there’s another lighting solution you should probably consider. If you haven’t already done so, consider LED lighting for you under cabinet lighting as well as for replacements of all your home’s lighting.
- LED lights use less energy. They’re more efficient than your old bulbs and last up to 100,000 hours.
- LED lights won’t burn you. How often have you gone to change a light and burnt your finger or hand? LED lights won’t do that. They rarely get hot, and what’s more, you rarely have to change them.
- LED lights add more dimension to your room. It’s amazing how the right kind of lighting will improve the aesthetics of your kitchen and add depth to the room.
- LED lights will brighten your kitchen’s workspace. And when lights are placed under your cabinets, shadows will disappear like magic. When you’re chopping a lot of veggies, it makes a difference, and it’s much safer to prep your food.
- LED lights come with lots of options. There are various styles and colors to compliment your decor.
So now that you’re convinced that under cabinet lighting is the way to go in your kitchen remodel, schedule a consultation with our design gurus at Illuminations Lighting Design. Our experts are glad to help.
Our creative lighting designers have the experience to come up with a plan that suits your needs. We serve Houston and all of the surrounding areas of Missouri City, Baytown, Missouri City, Pasadena and many more areas in Southeast Texas.
Give us a call at 713-863-1133 to schedule your appointment. We look forward to helping you create the lighting design that’ll give you the kitchen of your dreams.