It’s a bright move for beauty, function, and economy!
Astronomers are frustrated; city dwellers feel like they live in perpetual twilight after the Sun goes down. When you’re spraying light up into the sky, you’re illuminating nothing but the clouds. Poor design means you’re spending pointless dollars to create light you will never get to use.
Worse yet, you’re probably generating that light with ancient power-hungry fixtures that are stealing money right off your bottom line. It is time for a change. It’s time for Illuminations Lighting Design and our team of design experts with their vast knowledge of the most efficient lighting system to date: LEDs (and yes, LEDs are utterly fantastic for all commercial applications; they offer even more versatility than conventional lighting).
The biggest and most costly mistake is to grab the first fixtures you encounter in a bid to save money. That is the road to disappointment and financial waste. Such a DIY effort will be unlikely to meet the six fundamental criteria for a proper commercial lighting system, and that will end up biting you in the… um… wallet!
A proper commercial lighting system must:
1. Be utterly reliable, and designed to last for years without servicing;
2. Light all the vulnerable areas of the building, eliminating the “cover of darkness” where criminals can work unhampered;
3. Provide adequate lighting in parking areas, to assure the safety of employees navigating the area, while discouraging criminals from loitering or causing vandalism;
4. Illuminate all nighttime activity around your place of business, such as loading docks, public access to obtain 24 hour services, or access and service entrances for pre-authorized overnight cleaning crews. For safety and security all paths, roads, bridges, or tunnels need to be well-lit.
5. Be aesthetically pleasing. Phantom lighting, Cove lighting, and Hidden lighting can all be used to accentuate architectural details of your building—and all without wastefully spraying light up into space.
6. Must integrate that aesthetic architectural lighting with your landscape lighting. More and more businesses in the public eye are expanding efforts to beautify their properties and set themselves apart from less-inspired companies. High end clients do not want to visit a slum, and your efforts in this area will be rewarded with additional business. Such improvements also sit well with the community, garnering you support and respect from your neighbors.
Lighting must be adequate to assure the safety of your staff, business clients, and customers. It must clearly discourage lay-in-wait criminals. It must be aesthetically pleasing and not disruptive to the neighborhood. Most importantly, it should not disrupt your maintenance staff from their daily duties to go and replace a burned out bulb. Is this how you want your company to be seen?
Of course not! In the same way you don’t want a dark, forbidding corner of your parking lot that runs near the woods, you don’t want people to see a rundown, poorly maintained sign that is supposed to represent your company.
Instead of the artless blaze of harsh mercury or sodium lights, or unreliable neon-style lighting that wastes a lot of power, you could have a nice, golden, easy-on-the-eyes glow. Perhaps you want a variable system that can change colors based on the particular holiday season, the current weather, or some statistical factor that people want to know about your business. If you want it, you can even have pseudo-neon lighting, but without the hum and heat of the plasma generating transformers, and lasting for years at just a mere fraction of the cost.
And you have to ask yourself: If you don’t have a reliable, maintenance-free lighting system, what is the point? You may as well give all your staff and visitors a flashlight and wish them the best of luck.
You are concerned about safety and security for employees and visitors. That means you need us, the professionals at Illuminations Lighting Design. The cost of “doing it wrong” is far higher than the cost of doing it correctly, one time, and limiting the maintenance hassles and constant repairs. Let us help you get the job done right the first time. You’ll be glad you did!
We at Illuminations Lighting are delighted to be located in beautiful Houston, Texas, and while we provide service over quite a wide area, we always love to hear from all our business friends and clients from River Oaks, Memorial, West University, Bellaire, Southside, Heights, and Royal Oaks, or whichever part of town from which you conduct your business…
Don’t be a stranger—give us a ring at 713-863-1133, or if you are a bit further away, toll-free at 800-863-1184, and say “Howdy!” We would love to hear from you and get you started on the path to more economical lighting, and happier customers because of your respectable efforts to create a reduced impact on our shared environment!
If you want to send an e-mail just click here! We’ll get back to you by the next business day.